Money as You Learn reflects collaboration among developers and leaders of the Common Core State Standards, Jump$tart, Council for Economic Education, and Money as You Grow, as well as classroom teachers and other experts from around the nation. These collaborations ensure that Money as You Learn reflects the rigor and important shifts of the Common Core State Standards as well as financial literacy content that all students should master.
- Judy Wurtzel, an education policy consultant, and Dr. Julie Heath, Director, Economics Center and Professor, University of Cincinnati, lead the Money as You Learn initiative.
- David Pook, teacher at The Derryfield School, Manchester, New Hampshire and educational consultant to Student Achievement Partners, advises on the English Language Arts component, selected texts and developed lesson plans and other tools.
- Kristin Umland and Bill McCallum of Illustrative Mathematics (IM) work closely with the mathematics committee to review tasks for alignment with the Common Core State Standards and inclusion in the IM website.
- Amy Rosen, chair of the President’s Advisory Council Youth Sub-committee, and other sub-committee members spearheaded this initiative.
- Jump$tart provided generous advice and resources to initiate the effort.